Monday, June 11, 2007

on my birthday!


Today I was thrown back into the realty
Of ‘normal’ life
Of school uniforms, breakfast , lunch and dinner
In to the world of homework, scrapes and missing pencils

Today in the mirror
saw that I had been away
lines of pain vanished
Waiting to reappear eager

Today I found myself
Crying for my parents
Feebly and uncontrollably
Out of shame and guilt

Today i realized
I had been a zero
Not a 'hero' but just
A pretty Wisp in the wind

Today I mustered the strength
To unlock the door of reality
And realized
How I ever wanted to masquerade...

Today I wanted to sing my swan song
To release my dreams in captivity
And come home again to the darkness of my true identity...

3 comments:

drwiz said...

Cool Blog. Well written, You have a reader i me. :)

Latheesh Mohan said...

Well said..

CEHMagic said...

Happy Belated Birthday. A tribute that is beautiful and shows that the complexities another year entails.